Need HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Need HELP

hello All,
I am new to the forum, deciding to buy a used 2000 model 93 turbo convertible. all good in it except the top is having a problem and it is not opening !!!
Any idea on the cost involved to repair the hydrolics for that and/or change it. Any place on the net where I can purchase the full parts for the top.

Appreciate urgent help.
jimy
[&o]
Old 11-21-2006, 02:35 PM

Default RE: Need HELP

I'm also new to this forum as of today. I'm a former Saab 9000 owner.

I'm looking at purchasing a Saab 9-3 SE, 1999, Turbo with only 36,500mi. In reviewing Edmunds.com, I found that 1999 was the first year for the 9-3. Its a re-encarnation of the 900 ('94-'98) and supposedly many improvements were done. There are three models available. 1.8L, 5-speed trans; 2.0L, auto trans; & 2.0L, 5-speed trans that turns 200hp. I confirmed this in looking at the owners manual. Could not determine at the time if I was looking at the 1.8 or 2.0 litre model.

The car looks sweet but the guy selling it could not get the top to function. Also, the engine seemed a bit slow to fire up during starting. Obviously, I wanted to see it work & experience driving it with the top down. He said the Saab shop he goes to indicated the top not moving was due to low hydralic fluid in the system.

Anyone in this group know how to deal with convertible top hydraulic problems? Has the problem been addressed in later model years, say 2002 & newer?

Thanks for the help.