Saab 9-3
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New car,new questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 03:45 PM

Default New car,new questions

I have been a Saab owner for 30 years. The last 13 years have been with my baby, a 2000 MCY Viggen.
2 weeks ago she was totaled by some dumb SOB who pulled out in front of me. This happened on a Wednesday, 2 days later on Friday my wife called me and told me she bought me a new car!
I was less than happy until she sent me pictures of the car.
It is a 2011 Aero convertible with only 14,000 miles. It is black with white and gray interior.
She bought the car from a dealer in Portland OR, we live in Nashville TN. I was skeptical of what she bought without telling me she did it.
Car arrived last week, no longer skeptical, it looks brand new, inside, outside, top and most importantly bottom.
Enough history, now to the questions:

1) Car obviously has a disk based navigation system. The disk in my car is the original disk, is there somewhere I can download an updated disk and burn to a CD? If not is there somewhere I can buy an up to date disk?

2) Tires; tread on tires are great, but this is car is almost 5 years old. Obviously with only 14,000 miles this means it spent a lot of time sitting on these tires without going anywhere. Do you folks think I should replace them just because of age and lack of use? Car does have tire pressure monitors.

Thanks for any input you can provide:
Rick
Old 08-09-2020, 08:19 PM

I think, that it goes without saying, that the cars are one of the most incredible inventions by human beings. The comfort, the speed, and has enough space for the whole family. However, nowadays purchasing a car is not the real issue but the insurance which comes along with it is the real deal. Unfortunately, I mentioned, that the costs of the policies of car insurance companies are reaching a new height and you have to pay a huge amount of your earnings as down payments. But I still was able to purchase my favorite car (Subaru Impreza), and insured it with private hire insurance, because for this car I pay only 1100 a year, and you know, recently I had a car accident but the guys from that company repaired it and made me a discount of 70% for repair.

Last edited by ElizabethHardacre; 08-23-2020 at 09:17 PM.