New car,new questions

Old 10-30-2015, 03:45 PM

Default New car,new questions

I have been a Saab owner for 30 years. The last 13 years have been with my baby, a 2000 MCY Viggen.
2 weeks ago she was totaled by some dumb SOB who pulled out in front of me. This happened on a Wednesday, 2 days later on Friday my wife called me and told me she bought me a new car!
I was less than happy until she sent me pictures of the car.
It is a 2011 Aero convertible with only 14,000 miles. It is black with white and gray interior.
She bought the car from a dealer in Portland OR, we live in Nashville TN. I was skeptical of what she bought without telling me she did it.
Car arrived last week, no longer skeptical, it looks brand new, inside, outside, top and most importantly bottom.
Enough history, now to the questions:

1) Car obviously has a disk based navigation system. The disk in my car is the original disk, is there somewhere I can download an updated disk and burn to a CD? If not is there somewhere I can buy an up to date disk?

2) Tires; tread on tires are great, but this is car is almost 5 years old. Obviously with only 14,000 miles this means it spent a lot of time sitting on these tires without going anywhere. Do you folks think I should replace them just because of age and lack of use? Car does have tire pressure monitors.

Thanks for any input you can provide:
Rick