New to the Saab world

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:53 PM

Default New to the Saab world

Greetings Saabers,
I got my first Saab about 6 months ago, (1999 Saab 9-3 Convertible) and I love it but, we had a rocky start that is worthy of sharing with you all. This is the first "used" car I have ever purchased and should have had it checked by a mechanic before signing on the dotted line. Anyhoo, it was love at first sight and I decided to treat myself with a fun car (single with no children). Well, about a month later I had the Head Gasket blow $1250, then about 2 weeks of having it repaired, a large commercial truck backed into it $1500, in the repair shop for 4 days, then about a month after that, I was driving on the freeway when 2 portable toilets (no I am not kidding) came flying off the truck in front of me. I tried to avoid, but 1 hit me and the tie-down strap hook burst my front passenger tire, I lost control of the car and ended up in the slow lane. The rocket scientist driving the crappers was only concerned with getting the hell out of there and gave me some hokey info. about his insurance and offered to change my tire if I had a spare (what a guy) He took off before the cop got there. As of today I ended up cracking my tailbone from the impact and I am waiting to get the settlement from his Insurance Company. I have yet to see how much this is going to cost. Several small and annoying things have happened in between, like I was at the grocery store in the parking lot when 2 (not 1) carts rolled into the side of the car. Then, the tourneau piece for the convertible top mysteriously disappeared (like the missing sock in the dryer) I have yet to find the damn thing. The passenger seat lever to move it back or forward has something I can't identify that is jamming the runner. Back to the freeway, I ran over a pallette that fell of a moving van!!!! Luckily no damage to report there. I jokingly asked my mechanic if he knew anyone that could perform an exorcism on my Saab. His wife knew of a guy who could do a "spiritual cleansing" of the interior. I am a spiritual gal by nature but I decided to use my Medicine bag to ward off evil spirits, and it now hangs off my rearview mirror. I am happy to say that I haven't had any unfortunate incidences since and I tell my Saab that I love it and we will always be together, (hey, I was desperate) Hopefully I am over the string of bad luck. On the happy side, I really do love the car!!! Very fun, classy and fast. Coolest car I have ever owned. I am interested in knowing what the previous owner's kharma was???? If they are still living that is............Glad to be part of the forum and will write soon. P.S. What is up with thekeyring and the drink holder????????

Snaabfish
Old 09-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: New to the Saab world

I sure hopr your black stripe of luck has gone and now it's time for a white one. Now the key fob has a few names I prefer not to mention and the cupholder is a rather funny structure...but aside from certain things being unfamiliar, a 9-3 is a great car. I'm a proud owner of two 1999 9-3's and I even race my red one as you might notice in my signature. Anyhow, welcome to the forum and feel free to post any questions you may have.