Phone conversions available?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Phone conversions available?

I have an '06 93 Aero that is equiped with the 'phone option' However, the owners manual says the phone doesn't work in Canada or the USA? Anyone now why? Alternatively does anyone know if there are mods to convert into a blue tooth ready system or to work with USA/CA phone standards?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:07 AM

Default RE: Phone conversions available?

I have been trying to find out about the same thing thru a dealer in Santa Barbara, CA. What I have found out that if you do not have an updated antena, hard not soft, your car is wired & you can buy the crandle & mount & have a phone work with the installed system in the car.
If you do not have the hard antena, you may be able use OnStar to interface with the controls with the car system.
The problem is, no one is sure what to do. I have had the car about a year & have gone no where with a phone installed & using the hand controls installed at the factory.
I am afraid to install an after market Blue Tooth, one Saab Tech told me that I would maybe fry the system if I do.
So I want something factroy installed.
Any way, I am going to service my car soon & put new tries on it & have the scan for a On Star amp. Maybe I will have a phone wroking soon!
I will keep you informed on the progress.
Good luck on this!
Mark
Saab 93 Combi Wagon 2.0 T 5 speed
No upgrades yet