Should I keep it ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 PM

Default Should I keep it ?

Hi Everyone,

Owned about 7 Saabs since 1969. Now have a 2008 Aero Convert with 60,000 miles on it. Runs good just needs the normal 60,000 mi service and front brakes. I am just wondering if it's maybe time to move on. Now being retired, and repairing the Saab myself is not even something I'd think of, and being 40 miles from my dealer ( who is very good, Saab of Charlotte ), I feel real uncertain about both ease of getting parts for service, body parts if needed, and lastly, what kind of value the car will have in 4 yrs or so when I'd probably move it on. If I was younger and still working, maybe I'd feel different. Some people will keep a car like a Saab going for ever, but I never have been one for project cars. In abt 4 yrs I estimate I'll probably have about between 120,000 and 140,000 miles on it. I have been looking at a 2012 Volvo C70 hardtop convert, and got to say it's really very nice. This one had the PoleStar software preformance upgrade, so the HP is up abt 40 hp, and it seems to make the car run as I like. I do miss the seat of the pants rush of the V6 in the Aero, but the C70 with the PoleStar is no dog. Just had to do the brake vac hose in the Saab that goes to the brake vac pump. the hose is a known problem and the dealer could not find a new one, and said best can do was a used part. The darn thing has check valves in the line. I found a new one at a dealer 400 miles away and got it and had the dealer put it in. Found new ones at other distant dealers, but they would not sell other than to their own customers. Local body shop that I use said he's had 3 Saabs off line for over 3 months now because he can't get the needed body parts.

Comments, keep or sell (even if your a true Saab homer ).

Thanks