Squealing brakes....Hard to start motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:59 PM

Default Squealing brakes....Hard to start motor

Need some insight here from some of you sharp peeps. Love my Swedish maching, but I could love it more if I didn't have these problems. I just recently replaced all four rotors with cross drilled versions (Ebay), and new pads from Autozone all around. Soon after the VERY shrill sqealing brakes started. It's coming from the front end and is embarrassing to pull up to any stop sign. Sounds like I'm driving a cavalier or something. I even took them all the way apart and put some of that anti-sqeal orange goop on the back to isolate them from the calipers. It helped for a bit, but now it's back. Also, they tend to sqeal more the hotter they get. Are there pads out there that won't sqeak as badly?

My 9-3 is hard to start. It wasn't always like this, but now when I get it it, it takes 4-5 seconds of cranking to get the car started. It's like there isn't fuel available for the engine until the pump cranks for a bit. Is there a check valve or something I need to look for?

And third and final thing is that I'm getting the "Service Alarm" indicator upon startup. The alarm no longer sounds or chirps. I understand there is a separate battery in the alarm unit. Is it this battery, can I replace it without replacing the whole unit?

thanks for all of your help in advance!!