What the 9-3 Needs...

Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM

Default What the 9-3 Needs...

So check it out. I bought my first Saab today! I pick her up tomorow and right off the bat I will be repairing/respaying the F&R bumpers. I'm going to do the same for all the black side moldings so she is 100% silver. I bought the SE so she needs some cosmetic do-ops (sorry, that word just came into my head! [:-]). I have been searching online and see that there really isn't a ton of options for our beloved 9-3....

SO I POSE THIS QUESTION TO YOU.........What cosmetic customizations would you do if that part were available as a bolt-on direct-fit application?[sm=bling.gif]

1.?
2.?
3.?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:51 AM

Default RE: What the 9-3 Needs...

...ok.. I'll start us out.

1) I saw a 9-3 with a rooftop spoiler that was made in Europe that looked really nice.
2) A little more aggressive front bumper cover made from the Viggen bumper. Not to tuner but more stylish.
3) I would like to see another version of the Viggen rear spoiler for the SE. Again, nothing huge but something kind of subtle to add to the rear.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Did you look at Genuinesaab.com? They do have some body stying options. Don't hold your breath for Viggen parts though. They're hard to come by and expensive.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:48 AM

Yeah I think I am going to try and make some pieces. I enjoy the challenge and customizing each one of my cars.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 AM

Not much at Genuine Saab. Where else can I seach online? All accessories and badges.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Well, look up Jak Stoll Performance. He's a good guy and has some parts as well... not sure if he has anything in the cosmetics department though.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM

There's http://www.saabusaparts.com/catalog/ they have a lot of stuff for good prices. Not so much for mods, but, if you're looking for the badges, etc., they're pretty much one of the cheapest.

There's also a few "nice" looking spoilers there, but VERY expensive in my book.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:21 PM

Sorry it's been a little while since I've been on but I've been hard at work on my new baby (9-3) plus my son (7) somehow got a spider bite and had a major allergic reaction so I have been relaxing with him for a few days.[sm=drlove.gif]

I completed the rear bumper cover by repairing a major crack and many deep scratches as well as molding in the lower valence. I will have pics later today to share. I used a stage 1 paint so the paint match is good but doesn't have that nice gloss that the two stage has. I will respay it when I get my new paint system that will handle the two stage paints.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

I envy you...I wish I had a place to do paint...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.