2002 9-5 Linear - Radio backlight, shifter light out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM

Default 2002 9-5 Linear - Radio backlight, shifter light out?

Hi -

New to this forum, but I have a question that's been bugging me for a while. 4 weeks ago, I started my 2002 9-5 Linear to discover that my radio backlight & shifter light were not illuminated (last I had seen, they were fine). Also found that my cabin temperature control didn't seem to be working appropriately (cooling starts off well, but the fan speed lightens up way before the cabin temp is where it's set to).

I figured there would be a fuse involved with this, and I inspected each fuse in the interior fuse panel. Found fuse #8 was out, but the description on the panel cover didn't correspond to the things that aren't working (I think it was like circulation pump, trunk lid, trunk light, and something else).

So 2 questions:

1) Is it that these lights & fan control all went out at the same time & it's pure coincidence? Or....

2) Could my wiring be deviated from the standard wiring, and the blown fuse is really the cause? I did have my wiring harness replaced recently....not that I know what that is, but I just know it was somewhat soon after that this happened.

Thanks in advance!

- Eric