brakes plz

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:58 PM

Default brakes plz

Hi folks. Um needing to replace these brake pads. rear. they are making the loudest squeeeeeeles. man!!!. puleeze help me.

ok heres the thing. on the way home im in stop in go traffic. brakes heat up and start talking. i looked at the pads through the wheels. looks pretty thick. but i think im gonna put a different set on. i cant find them at autozone and pepboys. napa auto parts wants 69.00 for the rear. so tell me. were do ya'll get your rear pads from???
Old 07-28-2009, 02:33 AM

I've got an '03 95 Aero SCB and mine squeek too. it kinda annoys me to the point of purposfully make them squeek to annoy others. Only when I apply a certain pressure though. Any less and it goes away, any more and it goes away. I thought the same that my pads were gone, but there is still plenty there.

I'm thinking about getting new brakes all around though. My fronts dust up my wheels to the point of looking powdercoated flat black after a few days of driving.

Have you checked Tire Rack on pads? They might be able to serve you better than Napa, but their prices are almost as high for something rated well. Cheaper pads give poorer performance in stopping power, dust and noise.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mountain man
Only when I apply a certain pressure though. Any less and it goes away, any more and it goes away. I thought the same that my pads were gone, but there is still plenty there.

I'm thinking about getting new brakes all around though. My fronts dust up my wheels to the point of looking powdercoated flat black after a few days of driving.

OMG, you've explained mine to the perfect T. boths dust and pressure. so now im thinking it the car. well im thinking of these

http://www.usautoparts.net/catalog/?...58+11626&Nty=1
Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Whatever you do - do not get EBC greens. They stop great, but the noise and dust they produce aren't worth it. Plus they really suck when cold. I love them, but I can see how people could easily hate them.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:22 PM

This is what I found.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resul...3&autoModClar=

Satisfied PRO Perform apparetly are OEM commpound. And according to the quick review, they suck. Especially in the noise catagory. They are also one of the cheaper sets there.

Last edited by Mountain man; 07-28-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:04 AM

I got plenty pad left. I hate this noise. Im driving home, windows down, quite out. all of a sudden slowing down (sqeeeell). people looking at me like. Dude. u in a Saab. Get that fixed!!.. its actually the rear making all the ruckus. im thinking of getting some of that anti squeel grease from auto part store.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

It helps, but it also looks quite ugly on the pads. At least the stuff I use. I end up having pink antisqueel stuff on my bright green EBC pads..with red calipers and gold wheels. I might have a clown-themed saab here.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:18 AM

^^^ lol!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:10 PM

Default Not squeeling brakes, but another issue.

My brake pads for my '02 9-5 Aero are absurdly low and when I got a quote from the Mechanic he said I needed to replace not just the pads, but the rotors as well, instead of just turning them becuase "Saab's are Swedish cars". It is well known that Saab is owned by GM; so is the dude just trying to get more money for an uneccessary job or do I really have to replace the rotors everytime I get new brake pads?
Old 08-16-2009, 02:52 PM

from what (I) understand, mechanics don't turn rotors on anything any longer. (Y)? I don't know. but on another note, i think GM took over after 1990. Note sure on that though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_Au...2.80.932009.29

Last edited by MrSmith; 08-16-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quick Reply: brakes plz