Illumination on the Steering wheel controls and the clicking sound in the back of the steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 PM

Default Illumination on the Steering wheel controls and the clicking sound in the back of the steering wheel

Hi everyone I am new here with my new Sabb 95
After I purchase the car I am very happy with its performance and the exterior look.

However after I brought my car, I found out that the steering wheel control bottoms do not have illumination. Is this normal?

I have the 2007 Sabb 95 Aero with Navigation system. So is it possible that the Navigation system is causing the illumination not working? Because I have notice that the ones without the navigation have illumination but I haven’t seen one with the navigation system illuminate.

Also, after I got the car I experienced a clicking noise from the back to the steering wheel when going on 50 miles per hour. Is this normal?

Thanks in ADV.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Illumination on the Steering wheel controls and the clicking sound in the back of the steering wheel

Your dealer should be able to answer the illumination question. I'm clueless unfortunately when it comes to newer models. There really shouldn't beany clicking sounds in the wheel area on a brand new car....
Old 01-04-2008, 02:12 PM

Default RE: Illumination on the Steering wheel controls and the clicking sound in the back of the steering wheel

My 2001 Saab 9-5 has steering wheel controls but they dont illuminate. The only possible CLUNKING noise you would have in a front end/suspension would be a control arm... unless its an engine issue. Shouldnt have any problems like that so soon though!