Saab tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Default Saab tuning

I'd like to introduce our "new" section -the "Tuner's Playground". Why tune a Saab you may ask? The answer is simple, the end result will be like nothing else on the streets. For the longest time Saabs have been distiguished from the rest by their unique styling, comfort and performance, however just like with any car, there's room for improvement. Things like different audio systems, carputers, suspension and steering upgrades, styling changes, and increased performance are all possible using this great platform and it is becoming easier as days go by. Up until recently we had no other way to change the electronic fuel management paramaters in our cars, however that has changed. Expect articles and write-ups to be posted on this forum on how to do all that. Also take a look at www.ecuproject.com, the home of the open source tuning software for saabs. They already have a decently working T5 tuning tool and a T7 tool is in development. If you have a T7 can I encourage you to contribute to the development of the T7 tool by providing information and feedback to the open source community.

On another note, JSP and GS are the primary sources for performance upgrades and "staged tuning" if you wish to take that route. There are other companies that I'm sure I've missed, but I have only had firsthand experience with JSP and GS I am only able to recommend them.

I look forward to posting upgrade write-ups here and you should contribute to this as well!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:01 PM

Default Can I turn my Linear into Aero?

I have a 2003 SAAB Linear 2.3t (185hp) and I would like to sex it up a bit. I was thinking about the stage 3 BSR tuning but I heard that it’s not good for your car. Perhaps a better idea would be to put in a new turbo charger, the one they put on SAAB Aero (260hp), but I know that I will have to make other modifications to my car in order for that turbo to operate. I would need a new exhaust system and a downpipe with sports cat + different fuel injectors. Am I missing something? Turn SAAB Linear into Aero - does it sound like a doable project? Do I have to make any modifications to the engine?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Can I turn my Linear into Aero?

That's definitly a doable project.... you just have to research the parts before buying them.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:51 PM

Default RE: Saab tuning

hey what psi are you running for boost
Old 08-25-2008, 10:17 AM

I don't like my steering there's not enough feedback and sometimes i'm not sure where exactly car is turning ,and also the turning angles of steering wheel are very big and sometimes it's a pretty hard job to make a maneuver (avoiding a ditch or something).I'd like my steering be stiffer,more sportier ,is there any way to do it?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

oh definitly. Look for the sttering rack clamp and brace on the genuinesaab site.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:12 PM

i live in sunny scotland and have a 1997 900 talladega turbo (i no it a gm built car not a "real saab" but what can you do lol) but i love the trionic 5 engine and with a few minnor mods this car is turning into somthing special it has a atmospheric bailey dv24 dump valve (bov)+ a 3"stainless exhaust and modified intercooler pipes and manual boost control its a work in progress next job is a larger intercooler and a set of 2007vector alloys i am looking for a viggen boot spoiler original or a reproduction so if any one can help with this please let me no thanx chaps(ps great forum by the way) jay900se
Old 08-28-2008, 11:24 PM

hey i was wondering if i could put a bigger turbo on my 2003 93 linear and i was wondering if the turbonetics t3 would fit?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:30 PM

also what the largest fuel injector i can fit in my car.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

with enough money you can fit anything onto anything. The T3 wouldn't be a direct bolt on, but you can definitly do it .... just going to cost a bit.

Quick Reply: Saab tuning