General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 95 Aero Main headlights/Radio quit working

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:08 AM

Default 2003 95 Aero Main headlights/Radio quit working

Can anyone help me figure out or if they have had this problem. The main headlights do not work. Then as I was messing around with it trying to figure out what was wrong...the radio stopped working now too. I took it in and they said it was an electrical problem. I thought the bulbs were just burnt out so I bought new xenon ones...(extremely expensive) only to find out that nope its not the bulbs!!!

Im soo frustrated!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Can you describe the problem with the radio better? Do you just have no power to it? Could be a fuse...

Now with the headlights I take it you have the HID headlights?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Can you describe the problem with the radio better? Do you just have no power to it? Could be a fuse...

Now with the headlights I take it you have the HID headlights?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:59 AM

I have no power to the radio. It wont even turn on. Yes thats what they are called HID. Yes I have those. All the light work on the car except for the MAIN headlights. So I assumed they were burnt out. Bought them and the guy I took it too said the bulbs are fine that it is an electrical problem!!
Old 12-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, with the radio, go to the fusebox and see if the fuse for it is blown...same could go for the HIDs, so check the fuses. After this basic is eliminated we can move on with diagnosing.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:13 PM

Ok checked all fuses and checked relay. so I have found out that the HIDs work however the 2 regular bulbs that I believe are the main lights are not working. These lights im talking about are closest to the grill of the car if that makes any sense. Check all fuses for radio...nothing. My dash is saying TIME FOR SERVICE. ??
Old 12-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Time for service is nothing but a timer. There's a way to reset that, I just don't remember how to do it on your generation. The radio I'm not quite sure on - it might be getting no power or it could have just broke, it rarely happens, but it does happen. It's pretty hard to diagnose these things on the internet.

The two bulbs you're talking about are either DRLs or flash to pass... try to flash high beams (without switching them on) and see if that's what they are.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Time for service is nothing but a timer. There's a way to reset that, I just don't remember how to do it on your generation. The radio I'm not quite sure on - it might be getting no power or it could have just broke, it rarely happens, but it does happen. It's pretty hard to diagnose these things on the internet.

The two bulbs you're talking about are either DRLs or flash to pass... try to flash high beams (without switching them on) and see if that's what they are.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:51 AM

Ok so the lights I guess are pass to flash. But the radio I have no idea and now some times when im driving the gas gauge oil gauge just lose power it looks like and the gas goes from full to empty. then it will randomly go back up. OH GEEZUZ PLEASE SHOOT ME!!! GRRRRR........
Old 12-14-2009, 09:05 PM

Hi I have a 97 Saab 900s and I have been experiencing the same problem but my headlights work. You should hve someone look at your car for a short or something like that or corroded wire. But my radio doesn't work either. I have the same effects as you do. All my guages just stop working then they work or come back on when it feels like. I recently put a battery in it and I know that a have to reset the computer but I font know steps to do do or have a scan tool either. I am thinkin that is what I have to do to get the radio to turn on. Orr there is a code or reset process to put in for the radio but I do not have my owners manual.. Any suggestions?