A few issues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 06:29 PM

Default A few issues...

Hey everyone, I attempted to create a new member thread however for some reason I encountered a blank page everytime I clicked "Submit New Thread".

My name is Alex, I live in Utah and I just bought a 2003 9-3 ARC 6spd manual. I'm really excited about it although I have run in to a few issues...

1. The car has the factory HID system (or so I believe judging from the control box behind the driver side headlight under the lip of the fender). ANYWAY the driver side headlight is very dim compared to the passenger side. I haven't had an enormous amount of time to follow all the wiring, as my first thought was a bad ground, but I thought I'd check here first to see if anyone else has had the issue and if so what they did about it?

2. Back to the headlights again. No matter what time of day it is, or what position the headlight switch is in, the MAIN headlamps (not the DRL) stay on. From the moment the key is turned to the "on" position to the moment I turn it off. It's quite annoying as I thought that was the point of having automatic headlights and DRL's, was that the lights went off when they were not necessary?

3. I encountered the CEL code, P0411. Seems to be pretty common related to the SAI system. I'm a little worried as the car has 114k miles on it, but tomorrow I will be pulling the check valve to take a look and testing the pump (fingers crossed for a functioning pump).

4. My reverse lockout has been completely disconnected and the mechanism, I THINK, is sitting in the center console storage compartment. Does anyone have a breakdown of how to take apart the base of the shifter to get in there and replace it?

5. And last but certainly not least living in Utah where our temps skyrocket in the summer, my air conditioning system barely gets colder than pure vented air. Maybe just a recharge or is there a liklihood of it being something more serious such as the compressor or condensor?

Thanks in advance for any advice or information you can offer, I really appreciate it,

Alex