General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

about to give up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:42 AM

Default about to give up.

I am not a quitter but this saab has given me nothing but problems. The clutch blew into like a million pieces and I had to replace it with a new sachs unit, now the top was having some trouble so a buddy and I "helped it" and now it will barely move at all up or down... I have it up as we speak so rain can not get into the car but I am very discouraged right now. It seemed like putting the key in and out helped because the windows go down but I dunno....what my main question is: is the convertible top controlled by a seperate ecu or like a brain box? I am pretty sure the motor is not toast or I hope to God it isn`t...also are there any fuses? Ugh at this point I wish there was a kit to make the top manuel haha oh and nothing seems twisted or anything so I really don`t think I need that tonneu motor update. If so the car is getting sold as is lol. any advice please?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: about to give up.

you didn't force the top up, did you>?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:09 PM

sigh I had to it was raining
Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, did the motor not push the top up at all? Could you hear the motor? I believe in your owner's manual there is a procedure for emergency pulling the top up. Can you give me the exact symproms including movement, noise and all that. Is the tonneau moving at all? Look under and behind the back seats...is there any evidence of fluid on the carpet?