General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A plead for help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: A plead for help

I wouldn't take it to the mechanic. Buy this:
Amazon Amazon
and you will instantly see the result. A clogged muffler of cat will for sure make a car stall. If the reading is high enough it would be time to replace exhaust anyway, and you can't find a better excuse to do a 3" downpipe along with either a BSR or the saab stort catback.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:55 PM

Hey Roto,
I tried changing out the throttle position sensor, but no change. Also, I noticed the pcv valve was clogged, so I popped it out and stuck that hose right into the nipple and will replace that later.

Am a little tight on money now because of the season, and paying for the solenoid, so I haven't picked up the backpressure gauge. If you have one, maybe I could check it out when I drop by sometime?

Someone told me it may be the charcol recovery cannister, or the di casette. I have no idea what the charcoal cannister is, but I took out the DIC yesterday and noticed some oil around the 3rd plug. The plug itself looked ok in the firing area when I took it out.

It would be great to take you up on your offer to look at the car. Saturday in the day works for me, but it is valentines day, so I am sure you are busy.

I may be free Sunday, but have baseball coaching and a family thing to do, so probably not.

Otherwise, maybe in early March?

Thanks.

Eddie
Old 02-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

feel free to take me up on the offer next saturday. Unfortunately I don't have a backpressure gauge since I never keep an old exhaust long enough...