General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Vibration & Veering to the right

Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Vibration & Veering to the right

Have a brand new Saab 93 2.0t. I upgraded to a 17" tire & wheel package @ Tires.com. Konig 17" (not many options for Saabs, but sized for my car),Kumo Ecsta Asta 235 / 45r-17 94h. Immediately I noticed vibration @ 45 mph +, steering wheel wobble, and a slight pull to the right. Immediately I drove back to the Tire store. Tech told me that I needed to wait at least a week to see if it smooths out & settles in. Then I should bring it back for him to rebalance the tires. Is this true or do I need to spend money for a 4 wheel allignment?, Or is it the tires themselves. The tire on the car from Saab was a Pirelli P6 Four Seasons p215 55 r 16 97 h. They sell the same tire in a 17", should I excahnge it for them? Dealer claims the Kumo's are much better than what I had on the car.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Vibration & Veering to the right

hold on. Did you put hubcentric rings on? If you didn't that would definitly cause what you're experiencing.

Search this Thread