General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Windshield wiper problem.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 03:31 PM

Default Windshield wiper problem.

I have been combing the net for my windshield wiper problem and finally decided to write a please help online. If this has already been covered or I am posting in the wrong area you'll have to forgive me. First time ever using a forum or thread.So 2002 Saab 95 aero sedan. Wipers only work on the second setting. Windshield washer works but doesn't do it's few swipes after spraying have to click in the second setting on the switch on the steering column. NOTE: this switch has been replaced by a brand new one from EEuroparts or genuine saab. cant remember which. Also relay has been replaced under the hood.I bought a new wiper motor only for the same thing to continue happening. So here is where I am completely stumped and ready to check into an insane asylum. I checked continuity between relay and the windshield wiper motor plug in, also checked voltage. all checks out. Even ran jumper wires directly from the battery to each of the wiper motor metal power plug things. I got low and high speed here so both the wiper motors I have now are not at fault.What else am I missing here? New switch, new relay, two good wiper motors that work. Why can't I get this working properly?Something else to get my wipers to park correctly I have to put the switch on the column to low setting or even off. But if I go all the way down I guess this is High speed. The wipers will stop wherever they are at instantly.Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.