New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Auto to manuel conversion 9000 cs 96

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:23 PM

Default RE: Auto to manuel conversion 9000 cs 96

UPdate:

Referenced back motor mount, IT IS DIFFERENT.
So, getting the mount out w/o pulling the engine seems almost inpossible, especially in my driveway.

On a whim I took the torque converter to my friend at AandL transmission, asking if those gears inside should be so loose.
He said yes, bummer.
Then he noticed how the "nose" of the converter was abit scuffed up and told me to bring me the tranny down.......

HE BELIEVES THAT THE BUSHING IN THE TRANNY"S INPUT HAD CREEPED FORWARD INTERFERING WITH THE SEAL!!!!!

THis guy is really amazing, not just because, he IS one of the most knowlagable tranny guys I know that I've ever meet.

Anyhow, he said there are a few american trannys that do that, and leave that kinda of mark.

This was two weeks ago, when a friend is doing you a favor and you are saving money, and saved me a ton of headacke (yet to know if this will work once reassembled) YOU HAVE PATIENCE WITH THEMMMMMM!!!

I've inquired once and his garage is packed, as always. I will be checking today and will follow this up, cheers!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:53 AM

Still waiting......... Problay call today.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:11 AM

So Don at A&L transmission in Spokane was CORRECT! This guy is admazing.

So it appears that a sudden loose of fuild, (pull over immdiatly), was caused by a sliding forward of the input bushing cmpromising the input seal.

The snout on the tourqe converter had to be replaced as well due to some damage. He also called saab and they said it was required to get a gasket kit $100 as they do not sell individual gaskets. (needed the input seal, and you just can't rtv the bell houseing back together)

Finninal bill $400.

I put the tranny back in and it runs just as good as that goofy tranny did before.

So that is that. Thankyou guys for everything, I still have that other engine and tranny. Someday I will rebuild that other one, slap the manuel on it, and put her in.
Problay do a few mods, "while I'm at it".

No spell checker? Crud.