New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

a/c problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 12:09 PM

Default a/c problems

a/c compressor kicks on and the kicks back off and does not come back on. tried new pressure switch. new head unit. and nothing is working.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:04 PM

sounds like your system is low on freon or gas ,or low on pressure,

found this on the net;

The turning on and off is caused by low freon, you still have some in there, the pressure fluctuates a bit when it kicks on. The pressure builds up just enough to pass the minimum level to kick on the compressor, then as it kicks on and allows the freon to flow, the pressure drops a little, causing it to fall below the threshhold and causing it to shut off, and the cycle then repeats. You probably have a slow leak, if it still has enough to kick on intermittently. A 12oz can of freon should bring it up to the point where the compressor will stay on, it may take a bit more to fill it though. This is the most common cause, although you cant rule out the possibility of compressor failure. But this is the cheapest easiest route to check. After you get the compressor to stay on, check and see if your belt is still having the vibrating issues, if so, with the engine off check its tension by pressing on the belt in between pulleys, there should be minimal movement.

Testimonial: "thanks i put it in i found the leak its a line and fixed the vibration caused by lose compressor guy who previously owned it forgot to tighten it"

My a/c compressor turns on and off rapeadly on any - Fixya
Old 11-05-2013, 09:45 PM

I'm also new to here,The future Exchange