K&N cold air intake- HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:38 PM

Default K&N cold air intake- HELP

i just bought the K&N cold air intake system for my 2005 9-3 Aero (210 hp) and installed it. at first it gave me a significant power boost. but about a day later my check engine light turned on. after that about every 5 miles or so my car would put itself in a safety mode and first and second gear were horribly limited. if i turn it off then restart it then it will drive fine for a couple of miles then first and second will be severely limited again. i brought it to the saab dealership and they said it was my oxygen sensor in the intake, they cleared it out with there computer and told me the car should reconize the new intake but a day later the power loss and check engine light came on again... anyone have the same problem? Anyone know why my car wont adjust or except the K&N intake? thanks, anything helps..
Old 09-21-2008, 03:57 PM

Default RE: K&N cold air intake- HELP

I head the bsr intake form genuinesaab is the best for our cars i have a saab 9-3 aero too and Ive had no problems since i put it in and the sound is great. Look into it if you would like.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:27 PM

if anyone cares.. i would not suggest buying the k&n cold air intake system for there 9-3... After bringing my saab to the dealership three times, they still had absolutely no idea how to work with the cars computer and the k&n system... so i had to take it out and the car now runs the same as before the new intake was put in...

if anyones interested im selling my 9-3, its in the classified on this site...
Old 10-04-2008, 01:48 PM

the optiflow intake from GS is the way to go..works great, had it since may and free of CEL..K&N intakes for our cars are well known to have issues...stay away from it lol
Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 PM

thanks...