P2127 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:09 AM

Unhappy P2127 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

Hello all.

First post here as I sadly can't find any information directly regarding my current issue.

Bought a 2005 Saab 9-3 in December. When it's performing correctly I love it, only problem is that it has rarely been performing correctly! This is my latest Saab story:

After a long drive in the rain, I woke up the next day and started my car. Engine light immediately came on and she was in limp mode. Read the code and got "P2127 Low Voltage Circuit E". I looked it up and see that this is related to the accelerator pedal. I cleaned the connection from the pedal to the harness and reconnected, no cure.

I will be checking more connections tonight and trying to find any shorts. At this point I am refusing to believe the pedal itself is actually defective. The car only has 105k on it, and I can't imagine the pedal giving out. Plus with the rain, unless it is a coincidence, it seems that it must be something in the engine bay.

Where I get concerned is that I've found a safety bulletin related to this issue which then led me to some info about a connection in the harness that is particularly weak, but I can't for the life of me find what point of connection is being referred to.

I have no other engine codes besides P2127.

-----

Has anyone had this issue before? Did it end up being the pedal? Rain involved? Where does circuit "E" go?

And why the heck can I still drive it if the TPS is broken?! Strange.

Thanks in advance for any help!