Service Manuals reviewed

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:23 PM

Default Service Manuals reviewed

I am in the process of replacing a starter. I have arrived at the point where everything is undone. My starter wiggles but does not release. Time for a pause.
I opened the Chilton manual, via e-pub through my public library, to ensure I hadn't missed anything. The Chilton manual gave very generic instructions, with a diagram but no mention of access points to undo the top mounting bolt, the lower mounting nut or the electrical contacts. I found this disappointing. I have not surveyed the remainder of the manual as it does not pertain to my current task. Please feel free to review this manual.

My search online has turned up two additional manuals. A Haynes manual and a factory-workshop-service-manual through someone called bookily.org. Has anyone had the opportunity to view either of these manuals? If so your review would be much appreciated.

Traditionally I have always purchased a shop manual for any vehicle that I own. It has always been a hard copy purchased from a dealer. I am not sure of a pfd version and wikipedia has nothing on ebookily. Thanks in advance for any input.