Headlight annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 04:55 PM

Default Headlight annoyances

Ok, two "minor" issues that are just seriously annoying to me.

1: Auto-leving does not work on driver side. I have a warning light about this on the dash but SID says all OK. Dealership told me it was probably the sensor attached to the suspension. They said there were two in the front and one in the rear. I found the one on the pass side, but couldn't find the sensor on the driver's side. I did a minor test with the car up on stands and jacked one wheel up just a little to test it out. Both front wheels will alter the PS, but the DS won't budge. Is there a sensor on the DS? Is there another problem with the relay in the headlight unit possibly?

2: The brights on the PS don't work. Since my car has the BiXenons, the halogen brights will not turn on unless the BX are off. I also know the BX brights function by way of something like a shutter in the housing. The shutter works on the DS, but not the PS. Could this be because I have an non-Saab bulb in place? At the dealership, they had a Volkwagen bulb that was essentially the exact same connection as the Saabs, but slightly different K rating (it was in stock, and cheaper). The other thing I'm wondering is that the old bulb shattered inside the housing, and perhaps the shards from the old bulb are interfering with the shutter.

I'd like to take care of these problems myself since they seem like fairly simple fixes.

Any help here would be much appreciated. Thanks.