General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Default check engine light

Hey guys im new here but have owned my saab for a couple months. It is an awesome car but i have run into some problems!!! Check engine light, scanned and i have a p0033 code. From what i have researched it could be a charge bypass valve. Which i also researched and on my model.... 2003 saab 9-3 linear, that bypass valve is built into the compressor housing. Looks like it was a bad idea to me, never the less its rathe expensive new so any one who has one or knows where i can get one cheap or used let me know! Other problem i found was it could be a wastegate control something or another??? And saab pros please feel free to chime in with any and all experience. The car makes no boost and has lost all its power. Pretty lame to drive now..... I know i will get some guff from some members probably saying use the search feature, I have and now i need some parts and experience!

THANKS, for any and all help. I really appreciate it!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Check for vacuum leaks in the hoses that connect to the valve. If there are none than try junkyards (car-part.com)
Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 PM

new development in the problem..... when i dissconnect the battery and reconnect it the problem goes away. The check engine life goes off even if its dissconnected for a second. And it runs full boost for a few minutes of driving. Then its back to no boost and the check engine light is back on.

So im thinking that its not electrical or vacum cause that would be a problem that would remain constant... so it must be the charge bypass valve as the computer puts the car in limp mode vasue the excess compressed air is not getting bypasses and creating soe sort of compressor surge??? any ideas???