New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Greetings from Jersey!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 04:15 PM

Default RE: Greetings from Jersey!

Jeez, so while I over paid abit on up front value, I'm actually making out like a bandit on repairs... Thanks!

But as a question, since you said the cigarette lighter never worked, I'll assume that it isnt as simple as a busted fuse. Would it just be better/easier to pick up a lighter from Pep Boys and wire it myself? And would it be best to just splice off of the line from the existing, or make a whole new 12v rout?

Sorry, I'm bombarding you with questions lol.

Ived been looking at that site, I saw the Viggen badge and started drooling..lol. But I'll probably get the front bumper they have there as I wanted it to look a bit more aggressive anyway. As for the steering wheel, I'm going to wait until I finish all the console work before replacing, to minimize risk of scratching the new wheel while working on the other things.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

I never bothered to try and fix the lighter, so I actually don't know. I'd try and fix the existing one, the socket might need to be replaced since I think it doesn't work due to the PO smoking so much...
Old 08-21-2008, 04:25 PM

so It still could be the lighter... the guy who sold it to me never checked either. but we'll see, I need to get that fixed ASAP, my phone doubles as my GPS unit and without a car charger I'm sunk.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

there's basically two wires going to the back of it:-D Check to see if there's 12V on them. If you want, I could help you if you were to drive to philly.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:46 PM

Not this weekend upcoming, but the following weekend, I'll be in philly that saturday for the Obama voter registration drive. You think you'd be free?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

It depends on which day and time. I'm generally available though.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:05 AM

Im thinking of sunday. im volunteering early in the morning, from 930 to about 1230-1pm. If that can work for you, then maybe we can work something out?

Also, a quick question: I'm on partsgeek.com looking at rear window actuators. Just to make sure, the rear passenger side door is rear/right? Just want to make sure I'm not buying the regulator for the wrong side of the car. I'm trying to find second hand part to use, but its looking like I may be stuck spending $2xx on this particular part.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

look on car-part.com ...I had the part for $55 on there once. That Sunday may work for me.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:24 AM

Great site... I've found a few different options for under 150.. one as low as fifty, lol also in philly. also a couple for 75-100.

Today I'm going to try and get my cigarette lighter working, but if not I'm running the wire for the second outlet... I gps'd my way to a friends house in manasquan and my phone was under 30 percent by the time I got there. Last night, to hold me over while I decide on which speakers to get, I ebay'ed a pair of rear speakers for 40 bucks.. the originals are blown out. Guess I'll also try to fix the SID.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

http://bba-reman.com/ give these guys a call. I'm pretty sure they can repair your SID for under 100

Quick Reply: Greetings from Jersey!