New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Greetings from Jersey!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 AM

Default RE: Greetings from Jersey!

Cool. Is it possible to replace the current manual climate console with the ACC w/display? Moreover, are the wires already there, and just not used, or is the panel there currently the only one that can be there?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

To make the answer shot - no, not under your budget. You will need a complete donor car with ACC to do that... it's a lot more than just the control. The air distribution drum is different.

edit: Why would you want another electronic thing to fail? I think the MCC works pretty well.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:13 PM

Good point, I was just thinking from the cosmetic stand point.

Update for saturday, used one of the online guides (Foam) to "fix" my SID. Initial improvement was minimal, but it seems to improve over time. We'll see how well it really worked tomorrow morning.

Wire harness and Head Unit set to arrive Monday. are there any guides to pulling the radio out? I also looked into running a wire from ignition for my secondary 12v socket. that way I can do some decent wire hiding and maybe even run it through the cupholder area. I wont be having any cups there anyway.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

I just used two knives to pop the radio out... ideally you'd use din tools, but knives work. While you're in there it would be a good time to run a wire to some sort of a distribution block.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Sorry, lol, you lost me at distribution block...

Youre talking about for the lighter/charger?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

what I'm talking about is running a wire to a distribution block (google it) instead of directly to the lighter socket. That way you will not need to run any more wires for future accessories.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:57 PM

Welcome to the club. )
Hope that car will never disappoint you, and you will finish with all repairs and upgrades soon.
I have plans for working on my car as well ,but my budget is not as big as yours ,so DIY might be the solution.
Where exactly in Jersey you live?If you'd like i could give you a hand with the car and at the same time learn something new about 9-3 that i can apply to my car.
So far the list is :rear rotors and pads,front alignment ,axles and inner drivers(vibration on acceleration),maybe install LSD ,clutch and head and valve gaskets.
The thing is car was hit in front and back(before me) and i don't is frame straight or not as soon it'll be clear i'll start the work ,and actually i wouldn't refuse to show my car to the guys who got more experience to find out their opinion , Roto could you take a look at it if i'll drive it to philly?
My friend tells me every time i tell him about problems with my car "get rid of it asap" get some japanise reliable car" ,but i don't want to get something else (only if it's another SAAB ,i put a lot of work in this car already and it became part of me ,and dammn it's pretty reliable car ,you just have to take care of it,it was breaking down on me but never stopped running.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:52 PM

Hey man, I'm in Jamesburg, literally 2 minutes off of 8A on the turnpike. My project is going to be mostly DIY as well, the reason My budget is so high on this car is I'm going to drop about 1200 beans on a fresh paint job when all is said and done. I figured 3500-4000 to repair/replace all that needs it, 1200 (on the high side) for paint, with fudge factor of about 750, for unexpected breaks, leaks (or DIY human error...) Maybe we should double team roto, show up in philly at the same time, and scare away his neighbors...

I googled the the part you were talking about BTW, that is looking really appealing as an alternative, basically futureproofing should I want to expand further. Wire harness and radio both scheduled for drop-off tomorrow. I'm also checking out the local junkyards for the recliner dial for passenger seat, and the louver on the sunroof. My girlfriend thinks I'm a dork for getting so into this lol. She should just be happy my affairs are with cars instead of women.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

I say we have a little meet this coming weekend. I don't see any plans on my end so if you two drive to northeast philly I'll gladly help with whatever... plus it's a perfect excuse for a photoshoot.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

So how's it going with the car?