Loss of Power when taking off

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:43 AM

Default Loss of Power when taking off

Aloha. I have a 03' 9-3 and started having this problem about a month ago. My engine light came on and when I accelerate from a dead stop - the car goes about 5MPH and then creeps up to 20MPH(takes maybe 10 seconds to get to 20MPH). Once at 20MPH the car rides and drives fine. When taking off the turbo is not engaged. I have taken the car in three times (there is only one Saab dealership in Hawaii) they are absolutely retarded. Not only that, they charge me and tell me everything is fixed.

I have found that the gas cap and the problem are somewhat related. If I take the gas cap off and put it back on,and completelyturnthe car off a few times the engine light will turn off and the car will run normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Loss of Power when taking off

can you tell me what the code is? I'm sure you have na autozone that'll pull the code for free, if not, an obd2 scanner will still be cheaper than a trip to the dealer...
Old 02-05-2008, 06:35 PM

Default RE: Loss of Power when taking off

I have the same car and the same problem speratically...it happened when my SEI pump went...idk if that is corrilated...but mine also jerks when I accelerate up a steep hill and has trouble downshifting sometimes.