1999 9.5 SE heating and cooling issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Default 1999 9.5 SE heating and cooling issue

My car has about 86,200 miles on it and I am finally getting on top of all the bugs that I have been trying to work out. The turbo went out back in the beginning of the year (just about 1,000 miles after buying it used). Everything got sorted out and now I get to focus on the minor issues (I hope).

4 cylinder, 2.3L, turbo.

I have an issue with the heating/cooling on the driver side only. The temperature is always mid-range no matter what setting it is at, but the rear vents blow hot air and the passenger side vents blow hot air but the driver side blows out cold or semi-warm air. Same goes for the cooling. Cold in the back and passenger but nothing on the driver side. In fact the air is pretty warm for being a mid summer day back in the middle of June.

Air Conditioning works fine for rear seats and passenger, same for the heating. It is just the driver side that does not work.

It hasn't worked from day 1. What might be the possible issues and fixes for it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:38 PM

I did some more searching on the internet and I came across a very likely culprit to my problem. Either the blend door shaft sleeve and stopper arm or the actual blend door motor.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/1999-s...m-vt85305.html

Any other suggestions as to what might be causing my issue will be appreciated.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by nfusaf
I did some more searching on the internet and I came across a very likely culprit to my problem. Either the blend door shaft sleeve and stopper arm or the actual blend door motor.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/1999-s...m-vt85305.html

Any other suggestions as to what might be causing my issue will be appreciated.
Such a very amazing link!