Aftermarket Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:33 PM

Default Aftermarket Stereo

I have a 2001 9-3 Coupe 2dr. (sadly not a viggen) and I ordered a JVC Arsenal Head unit and began the installation process. I got it from crutchfield.com and the wiring harness they include for free made the wiring a piece of cake. The trouble i'm having now is the mounting kit they supplied (also for free) doesn't fit properly because it is made for a honda prelude... it looked as though it would work but the cupholder got in the way. I gave up on the part and just ordered the dash pocket thing from Genuinesaab.com to fill the gap left from the new head unit. Has anyone else used this part? i hope it works cuz i've been driving around with a hole in my dash for too long now and my beautiful new head unit is just sitting in there unsecured... I couldn't resist ordering some Blue interior LED's as well, i hope they don't look too tacky, but they again it would only be a $10 loss and i'm sure i can find some use for them.

Also, my friend has been telling me i could get a bigger/better Turbo that would be almost bolt-on and give me substantially greater horse power and torque, has anyone done something like this? I'm in college so i'm looking for ways to get the most out of my saab with the least amount of cash and from what he showed me it looked like a new turbo might be cheaper than the $420 exhaust i wanna get eventually. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to cars cuz i never had anyone to teach me, but i wanna learn as much as i can so any input is greatly appreciated! especially from people who love their Saabs as much as i do :-)
Old 01-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Aftermarket Stereo

The turbo your friend speaks of is a TD04, but one specific to Saab. It's a viggen turbo. It is a bolt on part, but you will need other supporting modifications.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:06 PM

Default RE: Aftermarket Stereo

ok thanks